Our 2020 Annual General Meeting is on January 24, 2020. Members can visit the Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2020 for the meeting package including documents and information about Director Elections and current nominees.
Previously, to become a member, you had to register once. Members will now be asked to register annually. Membership in the club remains free. Memberships will be by calendar year. Our first re-registration is for 2020 and is open now.
Member Benefits include:
- Access to private Facebook Group for member communication
- Member email updates
- Invitations to club social events
- Access to register for/participate in semi-guided speedwork sessions
- Voting rights at Member General Meetings
- Access to member raffles
- Access to other offers and discounts
Why are we doing this?
We want to have a way of knowing who remains active in the club. Registering annually is an indication of a member’s intention to remain active, which is important for:
- Communication: We want to send messages to active members and do not want to spam those who are no longer interested.
- Member Input: If we are asking for member input, we would like to collect input from those who are active in the club.
- Facebook Group Access: Members have access to the private Facebook group. We want to preserve the perceived value of this benefit by limiting access to members who are active. Doing so also promotes a more closely knit community and higher engagement.
- Risk Management: Annual registration means that members are agreeing to our club waiver on frequent regular intervals, which is prudent for managing risk to the organization.
- Quorum for General Meetings: For meetings where members vote, such as our Annual General Meeting, we need 10% of members present. This is much easier to achieve where we limit membership to active members through annual registration.
- Planning for the Future: Having good member information, such as trends and demographics, will help the Board of Directors in future planning and budgeting.